Everyone knows by now that Seahawks have won the Super Bowl! It's strange to feel so far away from the festivities and the celebrations. From Facebook and news stories it looks like my entire city is celebrating and I want to be there for that. For that unity. I want to be celebrating with my city. I want to be a part of it.
I think Seattle will always be my city, even if I never live there again. At the very least, one of my cities.
Today, right now, there is a big parade. The city is coming together to welcome the champions. What a celebration. A celebration of victory. A celebration of underdogs. A celebration of men who love Jesus and live for Him.
I'm sad to not be there for that. And I don't even really like football. Truth be told, I've watched only 3 complete Super Bowls (yes, Sunday was one of them), and I generally have no idea what is really happening on the field and with the ref's calls. But I still feel a pride for my team.
You see, even though I'm not a huge football fan, the Seahawks are my team. My high school shared the same mascot and most people in my family are avid fans. I grew up with football on the tv upstairs and my dad yelling in excitement at great plays, horrible mistakes and everything in between. I was usually downstairs probably sewing, playing make believe with my stuffed animals or reading. But the yelling and the noise of it all, it's a wonderful memory.
So I feel like the Seahawks are my team, even though I know hardly anything about the game. From all I've heard and learned over the last few weeks, the Hawks deserved that win. They are a hardworking, stellar bunch of unlikely champions. And that's the best kind.
I'm proud of them and celebrate their victory and hard work from an ocean away.
Congrats, Hawks!

No comments:
Post a Comment