10/10/12

Life Lessons from Hawaii #1: Change Isn’t ALL That Bad


Those who know me well know that I hate, as in HATE, change. I always have. I’m not sure when it started but ever since I was a child the idea of change could nearly strike fear into my heart.

So imagine taking a girl who fears change and moving her away from the only area she has ever lived in. Yep. That’s change. And because Erik loves me so well we braced for it to be bad. Really bad.

Now don’t get me wrong. We didn’t think the living in Hawaii was going to be horrible, but we knew that the change would probably be a challenge for me. And to be honest, it has. But I’m delighted to say it hasn’t been as hard as I feared it might be. In fact, even from the very beginning there’s been some pretty amazing things.

Maybe, just maybe, change isn’t all that bad. God is working on me, and I’m thankful for that!

No comments: