6/16/09

A Return to Blogging

As many people this year have, I found myself rather suddenly out of work, thanks to the current economy. While a frightening time to be out of work, I find myself feeling both peaceful and excited about exploring potential prospects. This blog, in fact, is one of the things in which I hope to invest the newfound time.

Thinking through my life since college, I'm amazed at the opportunities God provided me. I've been to the UK five times, to France and Japan twice each, and have been blessed with globally reaching friendships as a result. My involvement as a volunteer leader serving Young Life provided me with the opportunity to learn and practice my gifts, shaping me for more effective service for the Gospel. Even the hardship that arose from my parents' health challenges ultimately enabled me to meet Jessica and find an amazing church in which to serve. So this temporary hiatus from the working world will, I hope, allow me another opportunity to reflect on what God has been teaching me and find a new way to employ that knowledge to serve Him.

No comments: